We are looking to grow our team at our offices in Sydney’s Waterloo (in the hub of the suburb’s revitalisation). We offer opportunities to grow and evolve together, and to make a real difference to education, and people’s lives and futures.
At De Sailly Search we help universities and knowledge-intensive organisations find leaders who can transform education, and futures, at the intersection of ideas, and the new world.
Our team combines 50 years of experience in the sector, while remaining dynamic and agile, always scanning the horizon for new emerging talent, technologies, trends and opportunities to help our clients and to improve what we do. We are inquisitive, knowledgeable and open to change and improvement, because we care about what we do and how we do it.
We have a strong track record of working with institutions on fascinating and important search projects. Our clients and their needs exemplify what is important and emerging in higher education today. Some exemplars:
- Head of Hearing Research for the Australian Hearing Hub at Macquarie University
- Pro Vice-Chancellor of Digital Innovation and Learning Futures for Western Sydney University
- Director of the Sir Zelman Cowen Centre for Victoria University
- CryoEM for University of Auckland
- Research Leader in Schizophrenia for NeuRA
- Director Learning Enhancement and Innovation for The University of Adelaide
About the new roles
A combination of research, marketing, candidate care, and project management on a global scale are all aspects of this role. Here is a sample of what current team members say they enjoy about our work:
- Finding roles for people that can transform universities and the education landscape
- Meeting/interacting with really interesting academics at very senior levels in leading universities across our region
- Managing assignments/projects right through their life cycle from start to finish, taking real ownership of the process and final outcome
- Developing ongoing relationships with candidates around the world and making a real difference to their career choices, and lives
- Developing strong ongoing relationships with internal university teams in order to drive positive outcomes for each project and our ongoing work
- Putting people into roles that let them achieve their true potential, and to transform knowledge and futures
- Getting to know our client institutions really well so we can connect candidates’ areas of interest with people and strengths within or client, and to get to know the strategic plan to connect candidates’ strengths to critical success points
While we would love you to know how executive search and sourcing works and can bring your own insights, we don’t think a background in our space is necessary for success. A good working knowledge of the recruitment process and how universities work would certainly be handy.
The right person has completed education to a masters level, at minimum, and has at least five years’ of experience in successfully managing complex projects, solid research and analysis skills, and bring confident excellent communication and persuasion skills involving a variety of stakeholders, working in an office setting.
You are a self-starter and have grit and determination.
You are not afraid of continuous effort and share our high standards, and also our clients’ focus on excellence. You follow a process to completion, every step, and look for innovations to achieve improvements and ways to achieve breakthroughs.
You can take a creative, big-picture view will maintaining a handle on the evidence and managing the detail.
You are inquisitive and tech-savvy, looking for new tools and insights to better understand and maintain mastery within our quickly evolving world.
You have a big heart; you care about other people’s success and feel proud of making a difference through others.
If this might be you, we look forward to hearing from you.
The nuts and bolts: process and timing, next steps
We work in a dynamic, interactive way and take a strengths-based based approach to our team composition. We will craft the right role to bring out the best contributions you can make. The kinds of positions that we need right now could be called:
- Resourcing Manager
- Research Associate
- Project Manager
- Candidate Manager
- Account Manager
The level of appointment could be at HEW 6, 7 or 8 depending on your skills and experience.
Equity and diversity is important to our clients and the work we do for them and we embody it too. We encourage applicants from under-represented backgrounds and will be looking to increase the perspectives in our team to enable us to creatively tackle interesting challenges in assignments and to better understand the candidates we interact with.
For a confidential discussion, please get in touch with us via firstname.lastname@example.org sending your CV and a summary of how you match the ‘About You’ profile. Please also introduce yourself in a cover letter and nominate 3-5 referees who you would call upon in support of your application.
You must have the right to work in Australia.
Expect to hear from us if we can see potential fit to explore further. Unfortunately, we won’t be able to respond to all enquiries.
Here is our ABN 15 148 135 004