Recent appointments: international preparatory programs to join Macquarie University as it prepares to launch its International College, MUIC
We congratulate Robyn Vidler(link is external) and Eugene Quah on their new appointments.
This is an exciting time to join MUIC. Launched at end of 2015, MUIC provides a range of pre-degree programs to prepare international students for further success in Macquarie University degree programs. The Times Higher Education ranks Macquarie University in the top 10 most international universities in the world: it is home to over 10,000 international students from over 100 countries. Macquarie University is a modern, top 10 Australian research institution. Macquarie welcomes students to its stunning leafy campus set in Sydney’s north shore, where there are world class facilities including extensive infrastructure investment, all features of a new University vision and strategy on its 50 year anniversary.
More about MUIC here(link is external)
More about Macquarie at 50(link is external)
About the positions
The University is making two appointments: Associate Director and Program Manager for Diplomas. These education leadership positions will ensure MUIC’s programs are informed by best practice in student centred learning and delivered in an engaging and supportive environment. In close collaboration with the College Director, these positions work closely with other parts of the University, particularly Associate Deans, Learning and Teaching, to ensure alignment of curriculum and effective student transitions.
The key responsibilities of these roles are:
- • Lead the design, scope and development, implementation of the College’s Foundation and Diploma Programs
- • Establish and develop high performing teaching staff teams
- • Establish learning and teaching quality and standards frameworks
The successful candidates will be effective leaders of teaching and curriculum quality for a chort of students from non-English speaking backgrounds and a range of cultures.
Selection criteria include
- • Postgraduate qualifications in education
- • Knowledge of contemporary learning technology to support international students’ learning
- • Extensive experience designing and developing relevant courses, curriculum, assessment, learning modalities, teacher evaluation, and working collaboratively across an institution to support student success
Accountabilities and criteria vary between each role, please see full position descriptions for more information.