Congratulations to Pauline Farrell on being appointed to this role. Pauline joins Navitas from Pearson Education and brings brings wide scale experience in learning transformation gained at Pearson, Swinburne and Box Hill Institute.
Learning and Teaching is core business for Navitas
Navitas Learning and Teaching Services provides strategic advice, leadership, and advocacy in
educational innovation and technology,
excellence in teaching and
holistic approaches to student success
About the role
Reporting to the CEO, University Partnerships (UP) Australasia, the role provides leadership and oversight of the development of learning and teaching within UP Australasia and also across Navitas; to develop approaches and investments in pedagogy that enhance the delivery of courses, the student experience and student outcomes.
The position plays a pivotal academic leadership role in all operational aspects of teaching and learning within Navitas. Through working with peers in other Navitas units, and acting as a “first among equals”, the Director will contribute to the development of the group’s people and Navitas’ growth policies in line with overall corporate objectives, strategies and plans. The role will work closely with strategic business units and academic leaders to transform teaching and learning and education provision across the organisation, through the delivery of prioritised initiatives, projects and services.
This position will provide advice, direction and, where appropriate, support on:
- best practice thought and service leadership in areas of pedagogical excellence,
- the design and delivery of educational products and the student experience, and
- innovation and technology integration into learning and teaching.
To achieve this, the role will lead a team of specialists covering learning and teaching transformation, insights and operations and technology platforms.
The role will lead collaborations with stakeholders for learning and teaching innovations.
More about Learning and Teaching at Navitas here: http://learningandteaching-navitas.com/
More about Navitas here: https://www.navitas.com/organisation
Key result areas
Key performance indicators for the areas of accountability and responsibility are:
- Navitas is recognised for innovative learning and teaching approaches
- Enabled by the global network, Navitas teaching staff are capable, professional and innovative in their practice
- Navitas educational products and curriculum reflect innovative and contemporary practice
- Navitas shares and leverages good practice across Divisions and Colleges