Monash Indonesia is now hiring more people for the new Jakarta campus.
Several new professional roles are now open at Monash Indonesia. This is a unique opportunity to join a pioneering development that will contribute to the well-being of Indonesia and the region.
Monash Indonesia brings together for the first time a foundation group of academic and professional staff, many from around the world. The team at Monash Indonesia will include strong researchers and gifted teachers who are drawn to the exceptional opportunity of being part of establishing a new university in the very dynamic context of contemporary Indonesia.
We are recruiting for the following professional positions, with monthly net range in IDR as follows:
- Finance Manager/Manajer Keuangan (30,550,000 to 34,676,000)
- Executive Assistant/Asisten Eksekutif (18,100,000 to 20,600,000)
- Student Success Adviser/Penasihat Keberhasilan Mahasiswa (18,100,000 to 20,600,000)
- Learning Adviser/Penasihat Pembelajaran (23,250,000 to 26,850,000).
Please click on each role to view the Position Description of each position. Please select the Indonesian title to view the Position Description in Bahasa Indonesia.
About the right candidates for these roles
Applications will be assessed on the evidence of claim against the selection criteria.
As an initial guide to the appropriate background experience of applicants:
- ideal candidates for the finance manager and executive assistant will have experience working in a multinational company.
- the right candidates for executive assistant will have previously been executive assistant in a busy, executive level office.
- the ideal candidates for the student success and learning adviser roles will have backgrounds in international postgraduate education.
To be eligible for all roles, candidates must possess a good command of English.
About the new campus
The new Monash Indonesia campus will open in the technology hub at Bumi Serpong Damai (BSD) City in south-west Jakarta. This state-of-the-art facility sets a new benchmark for high quality postgraduate facilities, and a working environment that will be exciting and modern.
Being part of the Monash Indonesia establishment team is a great way to grow together. People who have an entrepreneurial mindset and who want to develop their career are encouraged to apply. The new campus offers local staff, students and partners to be part of a large organisation and to contribute to the well-being of Indonesia and the region. For more about living and working in the Monash Indonesia campus location in BSD, see here.
About the selection process, and how to apply
The University is following a formal application and selection process for each position. Your application should consist of:
- a cover letter briefly stating why you are interested in the position and what you’d hope to achieve at Monash Indonesia;
- a current Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- a 2-3 page statement systematically addressing individually each selection criterion listed in the position description (PD); and
- contact details for three – five nominated referees (they would be contacted later in the process to provide references).
Applications will be assessed on the evidence of claim against the selection criteria. In your criteria document you explain how you meet each criterion. A tip on creating the criteria statement is to make each criterion a heading, and prepare a succinct summary of claim under each heading (no more than three paragraphs per heading), referring to the CV for full detail as relevant. You may find our clip about criteria statements useful.
Application materials, all in English, must be sent to Monash-Indonesia@desailly.com.au
The official close date for applications is Friday 6th August
Appointments will be made as soon as possible for commencement ahead of the first academic year in October 2021 and will continue until all roles are filled.
In the clip below, hear Pro Vice-Chancellor and President (Indonesia) Professor Andrew MacIntyre speak about the the ‘human software’ he’s seeking for the new campus of Monash Indonesia.