ABOUT MONASH INDONESIA
Monash is a university of transformation, progress and optimism. In establishing the Monash Indonesia campus the University is continuing its commitment to being a truly global university. The new Monash campus joins a dynamic network alongside the highly successful Monash University Malaysia, as well as their partnered campuses in Suzhou, China and Mumbai, India.
Monash Indonesia has been operating in Jakarta and is now hiring Cybersecurity and Public Health academics to join the establishment team.
The new campus offers local staff, students and partners collaborative opportunities with a world top 100 university operating across five countries in the Asia Pacific region.
This is a unique chance to be part of a pioneering development that will contribute to the well-being of Indonesia and the region through innovative postgraduate education and research that will be applied locally in partnership and collaboration.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITIES
New positions include:
- Assistant Professor/Asisten Profesor , Associate Professor/Lektor Kepala and Full Professor/Profesor appointments in the field of Cybersecurity, and
- Assistant Professor/Asisten Profesor appointments in the field of Public Health.
Please click on each role to view the Position Description. Please select the Indonesian title to view the Position Description in Bahasa Indonesia.
The right candidates should hold a PhD and be future-oriented in their field. They should bring an enterprising mindset, ability to work with industry, and experience in contemporary teaching.
ABOUT THE SELECTION PROCESS, AND HOW TO APPLY
The University is following a formal application and selection process for each position. Your application should consist of:
- a cover letter briefly stating why you are interested in the position and what you’d hope to achieve at Monash Indonesia;
- a current Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- a 2-3 page statement systematically addressing individually each selection criterion listed in the position description (PD); and
- contact details for three – five nominated referees (they would be contacted later in the process to provide references).
Applications will be assessed on the evidence of claim against the selection criteria. In your criteria document you explain how you meet each criterion. A tip on creating the criteria statement is to make each criterion a heading, and prepare a succinct summary of claim under each heading (no more than three paragraphs per heading), referring to the CV for full detail as relevant. You may find our clip about criteria statements useful.
Application materials, all in English, must be sent to Monash-Indonesia@desailly.com.au. For a confidential discussion, prospective candidates may contact the team led by Dr Santi Dharmaputra at this address.
Further background information
For more about the Monash Indonesia Jakarta BSD campus